Monday, October 24, 2011

What is NaNoWriMo?

NaNoWriMo, short for National Novel Writing month, is an entire month dedicated to writing your very own novel. November begins this month long endeavor and adults around the world participate in this program for the thrill of attempting to write a novel in only one month. But kids can participate in the Young Writer’s Program of NaNoWriMo and also write their own novels, too. For kids the word count is lower than the adult version, but there is still huge satisfaction in setting a goal and acheiving it. For kids who want to sign up and parents who want to know more, go to the following website:

NaNoWriMo's Young Writers Program


Remember, this is a huge opportunity for extra credit in English for 2nd quarter.

If you're interested in doing this, please sign up on the website and then respond to this post with your user name.

16 comments:

  1. Mrs. Shaum,
    I need a little help. I made an account, and it has me as John Forbes. Not only that but I cant log into it! Please suggest some things for me.
    -mary f

    ReplyDelete
  2. my user name is:
    caroline.frederickson

    -Caroline Frederickson

    ReplyDelete
  3. My user name is:
    sportzgirl

    -Mary F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My user name is:
    jpmeier

    John Meier

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Shaum,

    My user name is:
    Cswim

    -Caroline Breen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs.Shaum,
    My username is kittycats101

    -Rachel Malinowski

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Shaum
    My username is Ofantasywriter

    -Olivia K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs.Shaum
    My username is mchown9


    Melinda Chown

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. Shaum
    My username is saturn20714.

    Andrew B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mrs shaum,


    my new username is swimgirl10

    melinda chown

    ReplyDelete
  11. my user name is erauch4


    -Elena R.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my user name is jakereid
    -Jake R.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annabel R.

    My username is ripstikgirl101.

    ReplyDelete
  14. my new username is mfraser00
    i didn't fully log on before sorry

    -Micaela

    ReplyDelete
  15. My username is imawritin.
    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  16. My username is imawritin.
    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete