Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pie Day: January 9

So now that we've finished Pie and we're back from break, it's time to plan our PIE DAY! So if you want extra credit for literature, you can bring in a pie from the book that YOU MADE. None of this going to the store and buying a pie stuff.

How will I know if you made the pie? Because you will bring in photographic evidence of said pie-making shenanigans. And in order to make sure you (and I for that matter) don't get in trouble for messing up your mom's kitchen, I need to see one of your parents helping you make the pie OR they need to hold up a sign that says, "I give _______ permission to mess up my kitchen." Ha ha! :)

In terms of showing me the pictures, you can either print them out or bring in the camera you took the pictures on (yes, even if it was on your phone). Please don't email me picture attachments though. Those take too long to download.

Since you know me, I'm never one to tell you to do something that I wouldn't do myself, so here is my series of pictures that were taken when I made Aunt Polly's famous buttermilk pie. (By the way, I don't need permission from my mom since it's my kitchen :p)

Making the pie filling
Always necessary to do quality control
I didn't have any dried beans for the blind baking so I improvised with dried pasta
I should probably clean up while the crust is baking
Pour in the buttermilk filling once the crust is par-baked
Sprinkle nutmeg on top
Oops! Dropped the nutmeg in the pie!
Off to the the oven
Mmmmm... buttermilk pie
You know you want a slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment